It is disheartening that only 5% of Americans get 30 minutes of exercise every day. That means 95% of us are not getting enough exercise to ward off obesity and other health issues.
So on August 20, 2020, after seeing all those 20s, we were inspired to start a 20/20/20 challenge at our NW Personal Training studio.
The goal was to do 20 workouts for 20 minutes for 20 days in a row. Any type of movement counted. We posted an inspirational message every day on our NWPT page and we had clients post photos everyday to hold each other accountable.
Well, September 20, 2020 is just around the corner so we’re going to do it again and we want to invite you all to do it with us. The best part is it’s free! You can follow along with the goals as posted above but since this is the second time through the #202020challenge for our clients, we are adding an additional challenge that you can add on if you like also. So, in addition to 20 workouts for 20 minutes of activity every day for 20 days, each day everyone has to pick an additional healthy initiative. After 20 days, they will have taken 20 different healthy action steps that will bring them closer to their personal best.
Here’s some examples of a healthy action step you could take:
- Drink 80 ounces of water in one day
- Stop and breathe slow and deep for one minute
- Get up and move every hour throughout the day
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- Eat only plants for one day
- Do some strength training
- Disconnect from social media for a day
- Park in the furthest parking spot
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Walk to complete an errand
- Schedule an active outing with a friend or family member
- Sign up for a virtual run/walk race
- Do something active outdoors
- Eat clean and whole foods for an entire day
- Go to bed early
- Do something to pamper yourself
- Call someone you miss
- Take a few minutes to stretch
- Prep some meals/food for the week
- Meditate and/or download an APP like Calm or Headspace
So the full #202020challenge will be to complete 20 minutes of activity everyday starting September 20th and complete one additional healthy initiative each day like the ones listed above.
Connect with at least one person you love who could benefit from 20 minutes of activity every day and do it with them. Let’s make 2020 the ‘kick in the butt’ some need to start making their health a priority. Our daily habits dictate the life we live so let’s reach for our personal best and live our lives to the fullest.
Yours in health & fitness,
Note: As an avid Columbian reader, you can redeem a complimentary initial in person or virtual personal training appointment to help get you started. Email us for more details.
Northwest Personal Training is NOW OPEN! We are SO EXCITED to see you! For Private Training, you’ll have the option to continue doing virtual training, outdoor training or training at the studio. For Group Fitness classes, you will be able to continue doing virtual online classes (live or saved) and we are also going to host some outdoor programming.
We specific safety precautions that we have in place so please watch this video where I explain everything we are doing to keep you safe.
Here is a link to our Reopening Protocol in detail so you can review closely.