Crazy Fitness Things To Be Thankful For…
It’s the season of Thanksgiving and Holidays when we often take time to reflect on the people and things we are thankful for. I thought I’d take this from a different perspective, a fitness perspective.
- The fact that energy creates energy so that when you’re tired, the best thing to do is move your body and you instantly start to feel better.
- Your stomach shrinks so that as you start to eat healthier and control your portions, you will be satisfied on a smaller amount of food making it easier to achieve your goals.
- You crave what you consume. So as you start to drink more water and eat more fruits and vegetables, your body will start to desire these things making it easier to eat healthy.
- As you start exercising and eating better, you increase the number and strength of the fat burning enzymes (Lipoprotein Lipase) inside your fat cells that mobilize and utilize fat for fuel so eventually, you become a fat burning machine making it so much easier to achieve your ideal physique. When you first start exercising, remember that even if your body isn’t changing substantially yet, you are building your fat burning enzymes which is going to make it a lot easier to burn fat in the long run so stick with it!
- Once you are exercising consistently, you increase the size and number of your mitochondria (where energy is produced) so you can go further and harder without getting tired.
- As you get more fit, your cardiovascular system improves, your heart gets stronger and you develop more capillaries making it easier to extract oxygen from your blood so you don’t get as winded and can work out harder.
- Since muscle is energy burning tissue, when you strength train and develop muscle tissue, you will burn more calories not only during exercise but also during rest.
- As you get fit, instead of the byproducts of high intensity exercise being toxic to your system making you feel nauseous and dizzy, instead your body becomes more efficient at using Lactic Acid as fuel enabling you to go harder and faster without feeling like you’re going to die.
- You are who you hang with. The more time you spend with people who are also on a mission to achieve their personal best, the easier it will be for you to reach your goals. Good energy rubs off!
- When you accomplish one goal, no matter how small or insignificant, it will give you the belief and the confidence to achieve the next goal, and the next goal and so on. And soon you will have reached your ultimate goal. It’s called Results Momentum so you don’t have to worry about the big, monstrous goal, just take one step at a time!
Sherri McMillan, M.Sc. has been inspiring the world to adopt a fitness lifestyle for over 25 years and has received numerous industry awards including International Personal Trainer and Fitness Presenter of the Year. She is the author of five books including “Go For Fit – the Winning Way to Fat Loss” and “Fit over Forty” and is the featured presenter in various fitness DVDs. She is the owner of Northwest Personal Training in downtown Vancouver and can be seen running, hiking or cycling with her two children, Brianna and Jackson. She can be reached at www.nwPersonalTraining.com or www.ShapeupwithSherri.com
Note: As an avid Columbian reader, you can redeem a 2 week pass at her world-class training studio to help get you started. Contact 360.574.7292 for more details.