Glance at Week 10 football playoffs for Class 2A and possible seeding position
This weekend, teams from around the state will be participating in games that will determine which 16 teams will advance to the state tournaments in five classifications.
Once those 16 teams have been set, a seeding committee will meet on Sunday to seed the state bracket.
There is no way to tell how those committee will place teams in the bracket. But we can use various state ranking systems to project how the committees might place teams.
So we’ve constructed aggregate state rankings using six different state rankings — three “human” rankings; and three “formula” rankings.
- Associated Press – rankings by state media members
- Scorebook Live – rankings by coaches
- Cascadia Preps – rankings by Ryland Spencer, who spans the state watching prep football
- Score Czar — ranking formula based on points scored and points allowed by teams
- Max Preps — ranking formula based on wins and losses.
- Evans Rankings — ranking formula based on a mix of wins and loss and points scored/allowed.
We used all six rankings to come up with the top-10 aggregate rankings. But because the “human” rankings only rank the top-10, to rank teams 11 through 30, we only used the three “formula” rankings, which rank every team in the state.
Here are this weekend’s games, with each team’s aggregate ranking. We will update this list as results come in. When teams are eliminated, other teams’ rankings will be adjusted until teams will be finally ranked 1 to 16.
Teams that are in
(5) Archbishop Murphy
(10) Franklin Pierce
(11) North Kitsap
Projected first-round state matchups
(16) Ridgefield vs. (1) Tumwater
(9) Seqium vs. (8) Prosser
(13) Eatonville vs. (4) Lynden
(12) Washougal vs. (5) Archbishop Murphy
(15) Ellensburg vs. (2) Hockinson
(10) Franklin Pierce vs. (7) Clarkston
(14) Othello vs. (3) Steilacoom
(11) North Kitsap vs. (6) Lakewood
(Note adjustment made to avoid league rival Aberdeen-Tumwater matchup, should Aberdeen beat
Lynden 48, Sehome 21
Lakewood 14, Liberty 10
Archbishop Murphy 23, Sedro-Woolley 6
Steilacoom 63, Washington 13
Franklin Pierce 31, Olympic 24
North Kitsap 28, Fife 25
Eatonville 57, Orting 35
Sequim 37, River Ridge 21
Washougal 28, W.F. West 7
Clarkston 48, Toppenish 27
Othello 17, Pullman 3
Tumwater 66, Columbia River 13
Ridgefield 49, Aberdeen 6
Hockinson 59, Centralia 7