National Brownie Day
I had no idea there were so many food holidays. There are a million ranging from Doughnut Day (June 1), Cookie Day (December 4), and Brownie Day (December 8) to more obscure items like Bologna Day (October 24), Corndog Day (March 17) and Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day (November 12).
Have a food nerd in your life? Consider gifting a cute holiday calendar and writing in all the food holidays for them. Bonus points if you can find food stickers too.
December 8 celebrates National Brownie Day. Throw out the boxed mix, scratch brownies are fudgy, dense and easy. There are several delicious brownie recipes on Sugar and Spice:
- Office Coma Brownies– my hands down, go to favorite brownie. Feel free to customize with whatever treats you like best
- Coconut Brownies– containing coconut and almonds, everyone loves these pretty treats
- Smore Brownies– reminiscent of a summer time favorite
- Really Good Brownies That Happen to Be Vegan– if you don’t ask, we won’t tell. No one at work realized these were healthy and cleaned the plate.
- Salted Caramel Blondies– not brownies but a close cousin
- Peanut Butter Bars– a seriously indulgent blondie/brownie hybrid
Wanna take things over the top? Frost with my Grandma’s Boiled Icing. Be sure to add a comment so Grandma Eleanor knows how much you love the recipe. It makes her smile.
Happy National Brownie Day!