December 4 is National Cookie Day! Started in 1987 by the Blue Chip Cookie Company, it’s a fantastic excuse to whip up your favorites.
Sugar and Spice has a cookie for every occasion. What kind of cookie do you want today?
- Triple C Cookies– dark, white and milk chocolate
- Candy Bar(f) Cookies– every bite is a little different with many kinds of candy bars
- Friday Night Chocolate Chip Cookies– the classic favorite
- Caramel Filled Cookies– chocolate cookies with pecans and a chewy center
- Twofer Cookies– 1 recipe makes 2 very different kinds of treats
- Soft, Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies– a thicker, softer version of Friday Night Chocolate Chip
- Good Girl Shortbread– the classic favorite. I love them so much they get their own category
Cookies with nuts?
- Macadamia Nut Snowballs– macadamia nuts + powdered sugar. What else do you need?
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies– from my 2 week Nutella binge
Cookies with fruit?
- Loveless Café Coconut Cookies– a southern favorite from Tennessee
- White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan– delicious for holiday bake sales
- Pumpkin Maple Cookies– technically pumpkin is a vegetable but this still counts
- Snappy Ginger Cookies with Orange Glaze– spicy and sweet
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies– a Nordstrom’s Café copycat recipe, these take 3 days to make but are worth every minute
- Gold Stars– butterscotch cut out cookies perfect for over achievers
- Cut Out Cookies with Royal Icing– these hold their shape when baking, great for the holidays
Gluten free cookies?
- Gluten Free Reese’s Pieces Cookies– peanut butter cookies studded with chocolate
- Vegan Quinoa Cookies– so amazing you’d never know they’re healthy
- Grandma Dorothy’s Sugar Cookies– a family heirloom recipe
- Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies– this classic Betty Crocker recipe has lasted forever for a reason
- Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies– 100% classic comfort food
- Sneaky Snickerdoodles– containing a secret ingredient, these are fluffy, cinnamon-y and soft
Delicious things that involve cookies?
- Oreo Cupcakes– technically cupcakes, there’s a Oreo Cookie buried in the bottom
- Best Bribe Cookies (or BriDe Cookies)- pure gold. You must make these simple show stoppers
- Candy Cane Oreo Ice Cream– minty Oreos stuffed into heavy cream and frozen
For extra fun, take the Cookie Quiz. I’d love to know what kind of cookie you are!
I came up a Sugar Cookie- “You’re sweet and everybody likes you.” I think this is code for “bake cookies for everyone you know and you’ll have friends for life.” Perfect!
Happy National Cookie Day!
I'm a self-taught Betty Crocker. Food should be pretty, delicious and have sprinkles. Professionally I'm a clinical social worker. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest- Sugar and Spice Baking Blog- for great recipes, amazing restaurants and culinary adventures.