Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
Every now and again, I get a little hankering for some chocolate – especially during the holidays! I gave into temptation the other day and picked up a bag of dairy and soy-free chocolate chips — don’t freak out, I grabbed fresh raspberries too! Home I went to bake Paleo Chocolate Raspberry Muffins, dairy and grain free.
My kids didn’t know what to think when they got home from school!
Makes 2 dozen.
1 cup coconut flour
¾ tsp. sea salt
1tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pure maple syrup
½ cup coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups fresh raspberries
1 cup chocolate chips, I used a package of ‘Enjoy Life Eat Freely’ chocolate chips – I found them at Whole Foods, dairy-free – soy-free. http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/chocolate-for-baking/mini-chips/
1) In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients until combined.
2) Add wet ingredients and beat 2 minutes.
3) Carefully fold raspberries into the mix, try not to squish ‘em!
4) Fill muffin cups ½ way and top with a sprinkle of chocolate chips. Gently pat chocolate chips into place.
5) Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 35 minutes.dairy
5) Let cool a few minutes before removing from pan.
Life’s to short not to enjoy a sweet treat every now and again. Thankful!!! for dairy and grain free options!!
From my kitchen, to yours… enjoy!!