Apple & Cranberry Muffins
I’m a sucker for seasonal produce. This week, cranberries came home with me. I’ve been trying to branch out in the paleo baking world and it seemed fitting these bright beauties and all their tartness be tossed together with apples, cinnamon & nutmeg and baked into perfection. Makes 2 dozen.
1 cup coconut flour
¾ tsp. sea salt
1tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pure maple syrup
½ cup coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 apples, chopped (I used tart granny & honey crisp)
2 cups fresh cranberries
1) In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients until combined.
2) Add wet ingredients and beat 2 minutes.
3) Stir in fruit filler; apple & cranberry.
4) Fill muffin cups ½ way and bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 35 minutes.
5) Let cool a few minutes before removing from pan.
Apple & cranberry muffins are a perfect way to shake up your everyday morning routine. Whip up a batch for Thanksgiving morning — a great way to fuel yourself before you hit your local Turkey Trot or a morning game of football.
From my kitchen, to yours …. enjoy!