VOTE: The Columbian’s Top Football Plays from Week 3
Cast your vote for the top play of week 2 of the high school football season here.
Each week, The Columbian’s 360 Preps team compiles the best highlight from around Clark County and puts you, the reader, up to the task of choosing the week’s top play. Week 3 had many game-changing moments.
Voting closes Wednesday evening, and the winner is announced Thursday. Please send us any and all video highlights we may not have, or you feel as though we missed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the nominees:
- Darien Chase outpaces group of defenders: The prolific senior receiever caught a screen pass from Union quarterback Lincoln Victor, and darted up the middle of the field past the reaches of four Eastlake defenders for a 22-yard touchdown.
- Skyview’s Cooper Barnum goes Beast Mode: The Skyview receiver caught a pass over the middle 11 yards downfield then stayed on his feet for another 28 yards as multiple Mount Si defenders efforted to tackle him.
- Union runs a reverse pass for TD: Lincoln Victor to Jayden Picanco to Darien Chase. That’s the series of hands the ball went through as Union pulled off a reverse pass from 17-yards out to score a touchdown in the first half of Union’s win over Eastlake.
- Tyler Flanagan to the house: Woodland’s Swiss Army Knife takes a kick return 86 yards late in the fourth quarter to stave off a late comeback and ensure win in the 2A GSHL opener against Washougal. Read more about that run here.
- Zeke Dixson kick return for TD: The Prairie junior is back in the running for highlight of the week. Last week it was his one-handed catch and this time it’s a kickoff return for touchdown in the Falcons’ narrow loss to Black Hills.