Camas Papermakers Football heritage timberwolves High School Sports Hockinson Hawks Skyview Storm Stevenson Bulldogs union titans Washougal Panthers
RESULTS: Top football highlight of week 2, as voted by fans
1. Heritage’s Kahai Umiamaka returns interception for TD (24.16% votes)
All it took was a quick sidestep after swiping an errant throw for Umiamaka to find the open field. He returned the pick 31 yards for a score — he had three total — to lead the Timberwolves to a 38-28 win over Hudson’s Bay.
2. Camas’ Blake Deringer 45-yard interception for TD (19.27%)
Right place, right time. The senior defensive back sat and intercepted an overthrown pass, then hauled 45 yards for the Papermakers’ final touchdown in a 52-0 win over Hazen.
3. Prairie’s Zeke Dixon one-handed catch (18.96%)
Call it an early catch-of-the-year candidate. The junior, in one-on-one coverage, turned, leapt and in O’Dell Beckham fashion, reeled in the long ball with one hand for a 39-yard gain and sent the Prairie sideline into celebratory mayhem.
4. Washougal’s Brevan Bea 68-yard interception for TD (14.68%)
The running back/linebacker read the quarterback, jumped a route and coasted 68 yards uncontested to put the Panthers up 14-7 in the second quarter.
5. Prairie’s A.J. Dixon 43-yard TD run (11.62%)
The junior took a run up the middle and with the help of a key block, broke loose down the right sideline to beat two Washougal defenders into the end zone during the Falcons’ 28-21 win. Dixson finished with 153 yards rushing and 252 passing yards.
6. Union’s Darien Chase 85-yard go-ahead kick return TD in final minute (9.79%)
The final minute of the game. Down by two. Enter the most highly-touted recruit in Clark County. Chase, a senior, turned a kick return into the game’s deciding play as Union beat El Cerrito (Calif.) on the road.
7. Hockinson’s Wyatt Jones top-toeing for 16-yard touchdown (7.03%)
The Hawks junior receiver patches together an elusive run that included a stuff-arm and a hurdle. Jones finished with two catches for 25 yards in Hockinson’s 43-13 win over Archbishop Murphy.
8. Stevenson’s Isaac Hoidal 55-yard TD (2.14%)
The senior capped a monster game by receiving a screen pass and torching the opposing defense down the left sideline. Hoidal finished with seven catches for 169 yards and three total touchdowns in Stevenson’s 34-0 win over Corbett (Ore.).
9. Skyview’s Mason Wheeler 82-yard kick return for TD (1.53%)
A few cuts, a couple blocks and a lot of green grass. Mason Wheeler kicked off Skyview’s lopsided win by returning a kickoff for touchdown, providing the Storm with a jolt of momentum to start the game. Wheeler finished with five catches for 51 yards and three total touchdowns.
10. Skyview’s Ahmani Williams 22-yard interception return (0.31%)
River’s throw into a sea of white jerseys, for a moment, looked like it found the intended target. Until the ball bounced up and ended up in the hands of the Skyview junior, who hustled 22 yards before being taken down.