A host of wine options for Thanksgiving weekend
Not everyone will be in town for SW Washington Wine Country’s New Release and Barrel Tasting. For those traveling over the river and through the woods for Thanksgiving weekend, a host of weekend wine options await throughout Washington and Oregon:
- Southeast Wine Collective will be pouring up to 20 fall wine releases from eight urban wineries at the 4th Annual Urban Thanksgiving Party. When: Saturday, November 28th from 3-6 p.m. $25 includes tastings and chef, Althea Grey Potter’s, turkey nacho bar. Purchase here.
- Umpqua Valley: Thanksgiving Open House at Abacela Winery, Delfino Vineyards,Folin Cellars, and Reustle—Prayer Rock Vineyards.
- Willamette Valley Wine Country Thanksgiving encompasses seven AVAs. Pick and choose from over 160 participating wineries. Tasting fees vary.
- Columbia Gorge Thanksgiving Wine Weekend – 14 wineries representing the Washington and Oregon sides will be open with some offering Black Friday specials.
- Yakima Valley Wine Country Thanksgiving – More than 50 wineries will pour new releases and many will pair with light bites.
- Woodinville Wine Country just northeast of Seattle has a handful of Thanksgiving events including Matthews Winery, Obelisco, Silver Lake Winery and The Woodhouse Wine Estates. However, the majority of these wineries are closed over Thanksgiving Weekend and participate in the annual Saint Nicholas Open House Saturday, Dec 5-Sunday, Dec 6.
- Lake Chelan Wine Valley Fall Barrel Tasting – Over two dozen wineries participate around this picturesque Washington lake.
**If you like what you’re reading, follow Corks & Forks by clicking the ‘Follow’ button or follow Corks & Forks on Facebook.