Dogs Understand the Joy of Simple Things
We can learn a lot from our dogs. Take, for example, my dog Chance. Simple things make Chance so happy. Here are a few of his favorite things:
• Walking around the block and sniffing all of the flowers and peeing on all trees
• Chewing on the ugliest monkey toy you ever saw in your life
•Driving through Starbucks and getting a small cup of whipped cream
• Going for a ride in the car sitting shotgun
• Running after a ball
• A new toy costing less than $5
• A big hug
• Having his dog friend, Wittle, chase him around the backyard
Sometimes I wish I could be a dog. Dogs seem to lead such simple lives, or is it just that we have let our lives get too complicated and materialistic?
The thing I love most about dogs is how simple it is to make them happy. I wish I was more happy with the little things. I can learn a lot from my dog.
// Cher Starkel //