Legacy Salmon Creeks earns four gold stars
Late last month, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released its hospital ratings.
And, like earlier scoring systems, one Vancouver hospital did really well, while the other did not-so-good.
CMS gave Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center a four-star rating (out of five stars). The hospital performed on par with the national average in four categories: mortality, safety of care, effectiveness of care and efficient use of medical imaging.
Legacy Salmon Creek scored above average for readmissions and patient experience and below average for timeliness of care.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, however, was given a one-star rating. The hospital performed at the national average in three categories – effectiveness of care, timeliness of care and efficient use of medical imaging – and above average for readmissions.
PeaceHealth Southwest scored below average for mortality, safety of care and patient experience.
Here are the scores of other metro-area hospitals:
- Legacy Emanuel Medical Center: two stars
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center: four stars
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center: five stars
- Providence Portland Medical Center: four stars
- Oregon Health and Science University: four stars
- Adventist Medical Center: four stars
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center: four stars
- Kaiser Westside Medical Center: four stars
The CMS website allows users to look up hospital scores and compare facilities side-by-side. You can check it out here: www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare.