Poison center offers Halloween safety tips
Halloween is almost here and the friendly folks at Washington Poison Center want to ensure everyone has a safe holiday (that doesn’t require a call to their hotline).
To that end, here are some safety tips, provided by the poison center:
- Before allowing kids to eat, inspect all candy for signs of tampering or compromised packaging. When in doubt, throw it out.
- Use non-toxic face paints intended for skin.
- Glow sticks should be worn or held – not chewed on.
The poison center also had some specific tips for adults:
- Choose a designated driver or alternative way of getting home before heading out for the evening.
- Use alcohol and cannabis in moderation and keep them out of the reach of kids.
Should you not heed these tips and bite into a glow stick, call Washington Poison Center at 800-222-1222 for free, expert guidance.