Saturday recap: Ellis Henderson catches game-winner for Montana
Ellis Henderson (Skyview) caught the winning touchdown pass in Montana’s 21-14 overtime victory over Cal Poly on Saturday.
The Grizzlies blocked a game-clinching field goal late in the contest and then put together a scoring drive in the last two minutes.
Henderson had two catches for 30 yards. The sophomore leads Montana with 17 catches and 8 touchdown receptions.
No. 10-ranked Montana improves to 6-1 overall and 3-1 in league.
Here’s the rundown of how Clark County players fared on the college gridiron Saturday.
– Ashton Clark (Heritage) had five receptions for 42 yards and a touchdown as Eastern Washington beat Southern Utah 34-10. He also had two punt returns for 32 yards.
– Ashton Miller (Evergreen), Steven Forgette (Heritage) and T.J. Boatright (Union) played on the offensive line for an Eastern Washington offense that gained 486 yards and allowed one sack. The No. 4-ranked Eagles now head to a Big Sky showdown Saturday against No. 10 Montana.
– In a 52-22 win over Wyoming on Saturday, Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson (Heritage) completed 18 of his 23 passes for 219 yards and three touchdowns That marks the third consecutive game that the junior has thrown for three touchdowns, tying his career high. Grayson is the first CSU quarterback since Terry Nugent in 1982 to throw for three touchdowns in three consecutive games.
– Austin Dodge (Skyview) completed 28 of 45 passes for 469 yards and five touchdowns to lead the NAIA’s No. 1 offense as Southern Oregon beat Montana State-Northern 55-28.
– Defensive lineman Odin Coe (Camas) had 11 tackles, 10 of which were assisted, and one sack in Montana State’s 34-16 win over Weber State.
– Jesse Zalk (Prairie) had a 75-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in Central Washington’s 54-14 win over Dixie State. The freshman also had four catches for 19 yards.
– Jeremy Girod (Fort Vancouver) had five tackles as Linfield improved to 5-0 with a 51-17 win over Whitworth.