Here’s some ideas for summers on the go:
Try these balanced, quick breakfast options:
- Fruit, fruit, fruit – that’s the beauty of summer. Everything is in season and it tastes great. As soon as you get home from grocery shopping, cut up watermelon, mango and pineapple so it’s ready to go. Wash your strawberries, blueberries, cherries, plums, peaches and nectarines so you can grab and go. Make it your staple and add to it to get all your macronutrients in. For example, a banana with almond butter, apples and peanut butter, pineapple and cottage cheese…
- Yogurt with some granola and fruit (dried or fresh)
- Peanut butter and banana sandwich
- Fruit/Veggie smoothie
- Hard-boiled eggs – have them pre-cooked and ready to go
- Sweet potato and spinach hash – precooked and ready to go
- Turkey meat and veggies – precooked and ready to go
Heading to the beach or sporting clinics? Here are some easy, lunch ideas to go:
- Raw veggies with a container of plain yogurt, hummus or guacamole for dipping
- Fruit – see above
- Salads with apples, strawberries, carrots, cranberries, goat cheese and whatever else you like.
- Sandwiches (tuna pita sandwich, vegetables & cheese on a ½ bagel, turkey & vegetables in a lettuce wrap, ricotta cheese & jam on your favorite bread, hummus & tomato on a baguette, cottage cheese & pineapple on a kaiser bun)
- Pasta salad – precooked with tons of veggies and ready to go
Need a quick pick-me-up mid afternoon after all the running around?
Here are some healthy choices
- Yogurt and fruit
- Raw vegetables and yogurt dip/hummus/guac
- Fruit and nuts/nutty butter
- Energy bar
- Organic Chocolate Milk
- Cottage Cheese and Beets
- Hard boiled egg
- Meat and Veggies Skewers cooked and ready to eat
- Pickled Asparagus
Yours in health & fitness,
Note: As an avid Columbian reader, you can redeem a 2 week pass at her world-class training studio to help get you started. Contact 360.574.7292 for more details.
Join us for the PDX TRI & MULTI-SPORT FESTIVAL July 29th @ Blue Lake Park!
The 34th annual PDX TRI at beautiful Blue Lake park offers 3 distances including the Olympic, Sprint and My First Tri options for the Triathlon, Duathlon and AquaBike! We will also offer a Kids Splash & Dash so we can get the kiddos started young too! This event is a MUST event to put onto your racing calendar and a wonderful way to spend a ‘lazy’ Sunday Summer morning.