Super Effective Workout Programming
When people workout on their own, they often have no idea which exercises to incorporate in their program and how to sequence them. They often wander aimlessly through the gym with no real method or rationale to their exercise session. This can lead to poor results and a lot of wasted time. Instead put purpose to your workouts and use a template to assure you address all of the important fitness components.
Here’s a template that is very easy to incorporate and very effective.
- Lower Body Focused Exercise
- Upper Body Focused Exercise
- Core Conditioning Exercise
- 1 minute Cardio Drill
- Repeat 3-6x
- Cool Down
So for example….
- 1 minute High Intensity Row
- 1 minute High Intensity Jump Rope
- Step Ups
- 1 minute High Intensity Sprint
- Choose a different exercise each time you start a new circuit for maximum variety
- Take each exercise to maximum fatigue (not failure). Make every rep count
- Choose exercises based on equipment available
- Lower Body exercises can include hundreds of variations of squats, lunges, step ups etc
- Upper Body exercises can include hundreds of variations of chest presses, pushups, pull ups, rows, overhead presses, triceps, curls etc
- Core Conditioning can included hundreds of variations of V-sits, Planks, Bridging, Supine Stabilization etc
- Cardio Drills can include body weight calisthenics or equipment based cardio
Your workouts will reach a whole new level of intensity when you add intention into each session. Have fun, be safe and train strong.
Yours in health & fitness,
Join us for….
SPRING CLASSIC DUATHLON & HOME DEPOT HALF MARATHON, 10K & 5K April 23rd, 2017 in Portland, OR.
The Spring Classic Duathlon is a great opportunity for triathletes to shake off the winter-season rust and for the duathletes to get in an early season race. This long-running event is contested almost entirely on Marine Dr, which is closed to vehicle traffic – a rarity in the sport. You will ride and run right along the mighty Columbia River with beautiful views to make the time fly!